Sunday, May 18, 2008

What are they really watching?!!


A couple of weeks ago, I was shopping at the grocery store with Gav. We had been there a while and I decided to buy a Stoufer's frozen lasagna. As I was putting the lasagna in the cart, gavin comes over and says, "hey, that's stoupers!" I was a little surprised to see that he knew what it was that I was putting in the cart, so I said, "how do you know what this is?" and he said, "I saw it on commercial, so that's stoupers and its really good for the whole family!" I thought that was pretty cute but it made me very wary of what kids really do see on television, watching their favorite cartoon or show.

A couple of days later, Kamryn and I were grocery shopping and she informed me that the green produce bags are better to put your produce in because they "stay fresher longer in the green produce bags." I again asked her how she knew that, and she said because she saw it on a commercial. Well, at least they are seeing the useful commercials instead of the smut they could be seeing. I guess bottom line is, I really should be very aware of what my children are watching on the t.v. so they don't start informing me what lingerie will strap me in the best or anything worse.

6 comments:

i'm erin. said...

Crap!!! I guess I need to stop watching all those 'adult' shows in front of my kids...hahahahahahah

I think that those two kids are really smart!

fijiangirl said...

Hey I'm glad you found us! Your family is adorable. Yah, you do have to be careful of what they watch on tv. After only watching 10 minutes of Star Wars, Vai informed me that he was sick and the only way to get better is to watch all of Star Wars!

Mo said...

Max and I check your blog all the time. We're requesting a new post, your fans want more.

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Well hi! How fun to see your family- I can't believe how old the kids are! You guys look great!

Sarah said...

I agree with mo: I'd love to read more stories. You've got great pictures, too, by the way. I can't remember if I gave you my blog address yet or not: thebryanlife@blogspot.com. if you want to drop by. Sarah

The Wents said...

okay crazy Ivies, I had no idea you guys had a blog. How come you didn't pass the word along? And this is the first picture I've seen of your baby, who is not even a baby by the way. Thanks for all the updates. (If we were talking face to face you would detect the sarcasim in my statement!) But seriously you guys are beautful..